In today’s story I am bringing back Roxy Navarro, who I talked to in the previous episode, Episode 13, where we talked about her business called Works of Heart. In this episode, she’ll tell us about how she found like-minded people, rallied them around the idea, and how they were able to build their company and make it even stronger together.
Notes from Roxy:
How she rallied her friends to start her passion project (turned business!):
- “I made a slide deck and a logo… something tangible to present to people.” Create something tangible to communicate your idea – this will help you and others take your ideas more seriously.
- She sent emails to friends so she can pitch the idea to them.
- Brainstormed with the team
- They bought a domain name. By investing a bit of money, it gave them more accountability, and gave them a deadline for launching a site. Roxy: “You have to make small investments that are tangible, because it shows people – and yourself – how committed you are.”
- They launched the site and asked people to share it. From there, people started contacting them, asking about services and rates.
- They prepared the pitch for these initial potential clients.
Enroll in the FREE workshop on how to turn your passion into something profitable:
Follow us on social media:
- The show’s Instagram: @thepurposefulcreative
- The host’s Instagram: @arrianeserafico
- The host on Twitter: @arrianeserafico
- Or just check out the hashtag #thepurposefulcreative