Today, I’ve brought in my very first guest on the podcast. Her name is Christine Herrin, and she is an artist & graphic designer based in San Francisco, and she is currently one of the 4 creatives handpicked by Adobe to join their 2016 Creative Residency Program.
THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU IF…
You are either a perfectionist, an introvert, or both. We tackle stories and tips that range how to grow your network even if you’re introverted, how to not get stuck in paralysis that’s commonly experienced by perfectionists, to how to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
“LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH! Passion for something is enough. You have to build structures around it. Give it legs.” — Christine Herrin
Where to find Christine Herrin and her work:
- Instagram: @christine.herrin
- Her website + shop: www.christineherrin.com
- Her profile on Adobe’s website
YOUR ACTION STEPS FOR THIS EPISODE:I’m only as good as the work I produce. Nobody ever asked me, where is your diploma in design? #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
- Volunteer for an event, conference, or activity. Do it for the experience. Do it to meet new people.
- Find an accountability partner or mentor who can keep you company as you go towards your goal. As Christine said, it helps if they’re not your best friend so they can objectively keep you accountable.
- What was you biggest takeaway from this episode? Share it with us on social media, and use the hashtag, #thepurposefulcreative. You can also tag us on Instagram at @thepurposefulcreative, or tweet me at @arrianeserafico. (Tip: You can use the quotes from below or the images from this blog post as ready-to-use shareables!)
Be a source of inspiration for others:
It's up to me to put myself in situations where I can be around people/creatives I want to be with. Click To Tweet
When you label yourself as an introvert, it can sometimes become a self-limiting excuse. Click To Tweet
Click To Tweet
Share these tweetables!
Our goal is to gather 100 iTunes reviews by January 25!
Think we can make it? I think we can, but we gotta make this a team effort! Here’s how you can help:
- If you’re on an iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions.
- Or, if you’re listening on a desktop (any desktop!)… here’s how you can help out.
Here are some of the awesome reviews we’ve received so far:
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Braver Goals E-Course: Learn how to set better goals, better productivity systems, and follow through on your ideas. Use the code PURPOSE to get a special discount.
- Purposeful Personal Branding: Use the code PURPOSE10 to get a special listener discount on this branding e-course.