Today is a Q&A episode: I answer 5 listener questions around the topic of starting or running an online business in 2017. We have questions that range from branding and marketing, to how to price your work or your products, how to run an online store, and tools you need to invest in when running an online business.
THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU IF…
You are a creative who wants help in building a business or project that is centered around purpose and helping others — all while keeping it sustainably profitable.
Click the image below to join our free workshop!
What was you biggest takeaway from this episode?
Share it with us on social media, and use the hashtag, #thepurposefulcreative. You can also tag us on Instagram at @thepurposefulcreative, or tweet me at @arrianeserafico. (Tip: You can use the quotes from below or the images from this blog post as ready-to-use shareables!)
Be a source of inspiration for others:
Having a defined goal gave structure & purpose to my hustle; it wasn’t just hustle for the sake of hustling. Click To Tweet
You first need to get clear on a strong core message for your brand. THAT'S at the heart of your marketing strategy. Click To Tweet
No tools and hacks could help me if I didn’t have a solid understanding of entrepreneurship, and so I signed up for mentorship. Click To Tweet
Pricing your work doesn’t come with a one-size-fits-all formula. Here are 3 factors you need to consider. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
Share these tweetables!
Recommended investments if you’re starting an online business:
- Hosting & domain name: Bluehost*
- Starting a blog or portfolio or website: Squarespace or WordPress (free installation via Bluehost)
- Starting an online shop: Shopify
- Mailing list provider: Mailchimp or Convertkit*
- BONUS: The complete guide to e-mail marketing
- Episode 2: What classes I invested in in 2016
- Mini-Episode: What to do when you don’t have a lot of money, but a lot of passion
Follow us on social media:
- The show’s Instagram: @thepurposefulcreative
- The host’s Instagram: @arrianeserafico
- The host on Twitter: @arrianeserafico
- Or just check out the hashtag #thepurposefulcreative