Today, we’ll talk about the lessons I learned after completing my first year of pursuing my passion full-time. These are lessons that really helped me push through with my ideas, and helped sustain my excitement and momentum for the entire year. If following through is your problem, get ready to take down notes.
THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU IF…
This episode is specially dedicated to creative individuals who may have tried starting passion projects before, whether it’s by yourself or with friends, but you struggled with following through and staying committed to it.
I’ve gone through that myself — I would be struck by an idea, be really excited about it, start planning, start doing the initial steps, but after while — it just fizzles out.
Let the naysayers fuel your persistence, not your fears. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
YOUR ACTION STEPS FOR THIS EPISODE:
- Download the worksheet above — it has all the 10 steps in one handy PDF, and I’ve thrown in a behind-the-scenes look at my calendar for launching this podcast.
- What was you biggest takeaway from this episode? Share it with us on social media, and use the hashtag, #thepurposefulcreative. You can also tag us on Instagram at @thepurposefulcreative, or tweet me at @arrianeserafico. (Tip: You can use the quotes from below or the images from this blog post as ready-to-use shareables!)
Be a source of inspiration for others:
You can do it all, but not all at the same time. Have one big focus at a time. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
The only way to get better at charging for your work — is to actually _START_ charging for your work. Click To Tweet
Schedule recovery time, so you can take care of your 2 most important employees: Your brain and your body. Click To Tweet
Share these tweetables!
Our goal is to gather 100 iTunes reviews by January 25!
Think we can make it? I think we can, but we gotta make this a team effort! Here’s how you can help:
- If you’re on an iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions.
- Or, if you’re listening on a desktop (any desktop!)… here’s how you can help out.
Here are some of the awesome reviews we’ve received so far:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Braver Goals E-Course: Learn how to set better goals, better productivity systems, and follow through on your ideas.
- Purposeful Personal Branding: Use the code PURPOSE10 to get a special listener discount on this branding e-course.
- My blog post on how I got out of my quarter life crisis (and prepared to quit my job)
Follow us on social media:
- The show’s Instagram: @thepurposefulcreative
- The host’s Instagram: @arrianeserafico
- The host on Twitter: @arrianeserafico
- Or just check out the hashtag #thepurposefulcreative