In this very first episode, I’ll be sharing a simple step-by-step process on how to start your very own passion project — and show you how I followed that process and launched this podcast in just 6 weeks.
THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU IF…
You have a biiiig graveyard of ideas you never really got around to doing.
Today, I’m going to share with you the general process I usually take to make sure that the ideas that are most important to me don’t end up in that graveyard.
Topics discussed in this episode:
This episode is a little bit meta – this podcast was the main case study and story I used to demonstrate this step-by-step process in action. Hopefully, by showing you behind-the-scenes of how I work, you are able to get a more tangible idea of the spirit of this podcast.
- How to stop getting distracted with too many ideas
- What you need to determine to serve as the North Star of your passion project
- The two types of goals you need to set before you begin any project
- Step #4 is a step that most people skip: But it is the most crucial step if you want to create purposeful projects
- How to avoid procrastination and perfectionism (and a side story of my own messy battle with procrastination)
- What you can do to become more accountable and to follow through on your idea
YOUR ACTION STEPS FOR THIS EPISODE:
- Download the worksheet above — it has all the 10 steps in one handy PDF, and I’ve thrown in a behind-the-scenes look at my calendar for launching this podcast.
- What was you biggest takeaway from this episode? Share it with us on social media, and use the hashtag, #thepurposefulcreative. You can also tag us on Instagram at @thepurposefulcreative, or tweet me at @arrianeserafico. (Tip: You can use the quotes from below or the images from this blog post as ready-to-use shareables!)
Be a source of inspiration for others:
It’s not so much about which idea you should do 1st - it’s about what you DECIDE to commit to. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
The best differentiating factor, esp online, is figuring out how you can be uniquely helpful to people. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
I’m a big believer that if something is not in your calendar, it does not exist. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
Making a first draft of your idea is 100x better than writing a project plan. #thepurposefulcreative Click To Tweet
Share these tweetables!
Our goal is to gather 100 iTunes reviews by January 25!
Think we can make it? I think we can, but we gotta make this a team effort! Here’s how you can help:
- If you’re on an iPhone or iPad, follow these instructions.
- Or, if you’re listening on a desktop (any desktop!)… here’s how you can help out.
Here are some of the awesome reviews we’ve received so far:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Braver Goals E-Course: Learn how to set better goals, better productivity systems, and follow through on your ideas.
- Purposeful Personal Branding: Use the code PURPOSE10 to get a special listener discount on this branding e-course. (Code valid until January 27 only)
Follow us on social media:
- The show’s Instagram: @thepurposefulcreative
- The host’s Instagram: @arrianeserafico
- The host on Twitter: @arrianeserafico
- Or just check out the hashtag #thepurposefulcreative